Devil's Slide

Devil's Slide

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Slowly, slowly, slowly getting back!

Been putting in 35-45 mile rides the last couple weeks. Slowly making progress. Went out with my old group, NCCC for the Saturday group ride. Still have plenty of strength in my legs, just lacking stamina. I'm sure the last month of riding has gotten my legs back to pretty good shape. I don't quite have that bounce on the pedals feel that I had back at 185, now 205, but it's within reach. I'm hoping to get back down on the weight and my mileage back up to 180-200 per week soon. I'm aware of picking up the mileage too quick, but in all reality, I still have some fitness left from before and my legs aren't too far out strength-wise.

Don't know exactly where I'm going with all the training again, other than getting back in shape. It's pretty addicting, once you start getting back in shape. I love the riding and like being in shape. Always worried about the car thing, but it's just a calculated risk on a daily basis. Easy to justify not riding for long periods when you start worrying about cars anyway.

Looking forward to an easy ride tomorrow (Friday), then the group ride on Saturday again. Looks like mileage this week will be around 120 - 150.

No comments:

Post a Comment