Devil's Slide

Devil's Slide

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Waiting for my MTB Frame from Turner

It's been six weeks since my Turner Flux broke the seat tube in half on a normal ride at Sycamore Canyon. Luckily it broke on a flat section of trail, just before I was ready to drop down a "reasonably technical" trail. It broke all the way around, just below the upper shock mount.

I bought this bike back in 06' from Beyond Bikes (now out of business) as a year old demo in great shape. I kept it in great shape, but eventually the downtube gave out. Apparently, this early design for the Flux had this problem. I've never used this bike for much technical riding, more xc and climbing than anything, but I guess it's time had come and gone

I called Turner and realized that my warranty was only 2 years and it had been 4 years. They said they would replace the downtube with a thicker inner diameter and powdercoat the frame any color in their inventory or give me $1200 credit towards a newer, dw link style, frame. I really don't have any complaints about my bike, so I chose to just have the downtube replaced and get a free powdercoat to boot.

I've been waiting 5 weeks so far and hopefully I can go pick it up tomorrow or Friday and get started putting everything back together.

I've been working on getting back in shape since I August, but my weight is up considerably since my 185# days in January and February earlier this year. I've built a pretty good base of fitness during the last 4 months, but I really think the only way to keep the weight off is the road bike. I haven't been on it more than 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months, but it's time to get back on........

No comments:

Post a Comment