Devil's Slide

Devil's Slide

Friday, October 23, 2009

Race Across the Sky

Went and saw "Race Across the Sky" last night. It's a documentary on the Leadville 100 MTB race. 10k elevation at Leadville, 14k of climbing and 100 miles on a mountain bike. It was a good show. I was expecting a little more of regular people's stories instead of Lance, but Lance is what sells. From the looks of the show, Lance must've had a motorcycle next to him or right behind him with a camera for all 100 miles. The race is definitely grueling. Lots of climbing, but mostly double track. As a matter of fact I didn't see any single track during the film.

Anyway, a good show none the less. When you're into biking as much as I am, you could sit and watch a slide show and be entertained if it was about biking. I can't say that I have any aspirations to do this race, but I am doing the Whiskey Off Road Race in Prescott, AZ next year. The Whiskey has some double track during it's 50 miles, but has a lot of single track, which is what I like. Elevation is much lower in Prescott (5200') than Leadville, so I can see the difficulties with the Leadville vs Prescott. Lance made a comment during the file that "once you blow, there is no recovery above ten thousand feet". This has got to be true.


Short one, gotta run, I mean ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment