Devil's Slide

Devil's Slide

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Territory

I'm coming out. I've went off the deep end and got a coach for my cycling addiction. As of November 1, Robert Panzera will be guiding me through the maze of information that I will apply to a road racing schedule next year(2010). There is so much information out there on training. I have numerous books by Joel Friel, Chris Carmichael, Lance Armstrong, etc. To be honest, I love reading, but I have a business to run and I just don't have time to read through all of this information enough to make an educated training program. My goals with Robert are to have him focus me in on the important stuff. I think periodization is what all coaches are basing annual training programs off of and I don't think Robert's will be any different. I have an account on Training Peaks. Robert and I will use this as an interface for my workouts prior to and after with results from the garmin 705 entered.

I chose Robert as a coach based on his education, dedication to be involved on a daily basis, and his local involvement in Cyclo Vets. He lives here in San Diego and is very accesible as far as coaching questions and conversations go. I'm looking forward to this next step. I've been feeling great lately on the bike and I think coaching in preparation for next year will be a great thing. My goals and Robert's are similar in that he is not only coaching, but teaching the methods of training program development and nutritional information.

So, now you know. My unfair advantage has been revealed!

No comments:

Post a Comment