Devil's Slide

Devil's Slide

Monday, October 26, 2009

Excellent Ride Today - 60 Miles



Did a 60 mile easy paced ride this am. This was probably the first planned and executed easy ride. I figured this was in order after the Ranchos Ride on Saturday. I kept my heart rate down below the 80% of max for most of the ride and only his zone 5 for two minutes out of the three hour plus trek.

Did have a Pit Bull try to attack me out on Bandy Canyon Road, prior to reaching San Pasqual Valley Road. Once on San Pasqual and heading up 78 into Ramona, I hit 20 mph head winds due to the light santa ana winds coming in from the desert.

Concentrated on eating enough and drinking. Took a couple bars and some "sports beans". I ate one bar, sports beans and four bottles of water/poweraide. Couldn't get myself to eat that second bar. I need to get some gel or gu. The first bar was okay, but I just couldn't get a second bar down.

Did the easy ride in an attempt to let my body burn fat, as opposed to burning carbs that I was intaking. By keeping my heart rate down, I should be able to get this last 5-7 pounds off. I'm trying to get down to 180. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment