Devil's Slide

Devil's Slide

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Crazy week and weeks ahead!

These are challenging times for my biking schedule. Work has taken off, no pun intended. Usually, this is not a problem, as we have instructors that can teach. But right now, we have a customer from overseas that is requiring all of my attention. He came last Monday, January 4th and looks like he will be here until the week of the 18th. Been working 7 days a week, but still fitting in bike rides as much as possible. I did get two quick rides during the week last week and was able to catch NCCC's group ride on Saturday. Sunday, I was able to do 60 on my own, so I ended up with 140 miles. That's the first time I've been under 180 in months.

This week I am starting into the higher intensity intervals. I have been waiting a long time to start on these to really push my strength endurance. I am using Scripps Poway Pkwy as a backdrop for my intervals. Basically 6 x 3 mins @ 90% and greater Heart Rate. It actually felt good to get a consistent burn into my legs. I will be doing these twice a week until my race on February 6 @ Boulevard.

My schedule will keep me from doing more than 150 miles per week until the race, but my base phase is complete and I should be able to carry this fitness through until after the race, as I increase the intensity of my workouts.

My body fat percentage is lowering as well. I haven't had it officially checked, but my weight is sub 185 now and staying there consistently, so I'm feeling really good on and off the bike. I won't be able to tell what my optimum weight is until I lose enough to start losing power and this certainly hasn't happened yet. I feel so much better at 185 than I did even at 190. Huge difference. I can't imagine being under 175, but I think 180 may be a good number for me to be at. Only time will tell, as it's very hard to lose the last pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment