Devil's Slide

Devil's Slide

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day to all those who have or are serving our great country. You are saluted!

Okay, it's Wednesday and I've already put in 100 miles. It's been a good week. Just put the Conti GP 400 tire on the back. My schwable came undone and came apart from the inside out during the Tour de Julian. Fortunately, it didn't give out during the ride. I noticed it loading the bike back into the truck.

Rob and I have been keeping track on training peaks on my ability to follow a training plan. Really using November to observe different things with my schedule and eating. I am keeping track of all foods that I'm eating, as of today. I've been stuck at a 188-190 weight for quite awhile. Rob will be monitoring my food intake to see what may be keeping me from losing another 10 pounds with this amount of exercise.

Also, I will be riding with Rob this Saturday. Good chance to get some one on one with Rob, albeit in a group environment. Rob has asked me to get more detailed in my goals for next year. I was initially thinking about the RAW or double centuries, but lately I've been leaning towards the road racing goals more and more. I do like the idea of going out and racing for a shorter period of time. I know this will be much more intense than I'm used to in a group ride environment, but I'm up for it.

Rob will be hosting a cycling camp out in Borrego Springs in early December. I'm working on the logistics right now to get out to most, if not, all of it. Was thinking about taking Inna out to Borrego Ranch Spa and spending a few days there. That was until I read on the net that they may be closing their doors on Nov. 30. I guess I'll hold off on that online booking. Maybe taking the motorhome out there for a few days will work. It sounds like 400+ miles through out the week. That's quite a bit of time on a bike. Maybe a good thing for me to get away. On the other hand, probably a good thing to get away for awhile with Inna.

Anyway, went out and did 60 this morning with 4000' of climbing up and around Ramona. Feeling great.

No comments:

Post a Comment