Devil's Slide

Devil's Slide

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Brrrrrr in Socal!

Left the house for a quick 20 this am, as I had to be at work by 8:45ish. This was the first day that my feet actually got cold and stayed cold the entire ride. I guess those shoe covers might not be a bad idea on these early cold mornings. It's only cold for an hour or so, but that's when I'm out. With the air so dry this time of year, it heats up pretty quick with a high of 80 today, where it was high 30's in the am. That's quite the spread for temperature. Only possible this time of year in southern california.

I did a quick set of leg speed intervals. Best place to do these is on the East end of Rancho Bernardo Road, as it turns south and into Espola Road. I did 5, two minute efforts with one minute in between. This road is just a slight uphill (1-2%) to put a strain on @ 100 rpm. Still in the base portion of training, so intensity it staying low (hr around 80%). As hard as I try to keep my heart rate below 80%, it can get abouve with the terrain around here.

Looking forward to moving into the next phase of periodization training. My base is pretty strong. I will be dedicated atleast a couple more weeks to base training, as I'm heading out to Borrego Springs for a cycling camp with Rob and some others for an unofficial camp. Something like 300-400 miles total for the week is planned. I may only make it out for a couple days, depending on the work schedule. Looking forward to it. More miles, ahhhhh!

Nothing special about today, tailwinds......

No comments:

Post a Comment