Devil's Slide

Devil's Slide

Sunday, November 1, 2009

First Interval Day

Today was the first day that I went out on my own to do interval training. I found a relatively flat and quiet road to do some intervals. Started out with an easy :30 spin to get warmed up. This got me up to Kirkland Way on the south side of Poway in the business park. Business parks seem to be a great place to do training on the weekends.

I am concentrating on low cadence and <80% Max Heart Rate. I did 6 x 3 mins intervals between 50-60 rpm with a hr below 154. Could definitely feel em. It's relative to going to the gym and working out the legs, just doing it on the bike to practice pedal work at the same time. These were hard to get the hang of because of the flat road and running out of gear, even being on the big/small ring combo.

Next was one leg, low cadence and low heart rate. These one leg workouts really help work the hams and improve my pedal stroke. Seems funny to be pedaling down the road with one foot unclicked, but it get's the muscles isolated very well.

I can see where this structured training requires quite a bit of discipline. I've always been a forward thinking person, with family and business, so this is nothing new to put the work in now and ralize the benefits later. Definietly feels good to be working towards a goal (road racing next season).

Will start supplements soon and a little change up for vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment