Devil's Slide

Devil's Slide

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Been a busy few weeks. My brother's been in town, works been very busy, which is a good thing. Bought a new car last weekend (BMW M Coupe). Through all of this, I have still been riding on a regular basis, just not as many miles as I'd like.

The Madone is all dialed in now with all Campy Record on it. It was pretty finicky to get everythinig just right. I had to order a new front derauiller since my old one had a different downtube size. So much for the swap of parts from the broken frame to the new one. I ended up spending about $800 in parts, but it's well worth it. A unique bike to say the least.

Great mountain bike ride this evening. Two loops around the local TW. One clockwise, the other counterclockwise. These loops have gotten easier, as mentioned in the first post. I did switch to a 32 from a 34 rear cogset. I have seen pretty good improvement in my strength since this change. I didn't think that the change would be significant, but it was a huge difference the first couple times out.

I am doing the Tour de Poway this Sunday. A few guys from North County Cycle Club are joining me to do the metric century. I would've actually preferred the regular century, but others want to do the shorter one, so we'll all stick together. Something like 5800 feet of climbing. Should be a hoot. Hopefully we'll get some good pics to post up.

Haven't had much time to think about the final destination, but just keeping busy and putting in the miles to prepare for whats on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment