Devil's Slide

Devil's Slide

Sunday, September 13, 2009


Had a great ride this morning. Headed up Poway Road into Ramona, then out Highland Valley to 78. Back West on Del Dios through Rancho Santa Fe and back home on Camino Del Sur & Camino Del Norte. It was just over 60 miles. Pretty similar to the Tour de Poway Metric Century ride that I will be doing with NCCC at the beginning of October. I was riding solo and managed a 17.0 mph average. Spent a lot of time thinking about this EPIC ride thing.


Would have to average almost this pace for 400 miles to qualify for the RAAM. Now, I had 4800 feet of climbing in today's ride. Still doesn't seem reasonable to me at this point. One things for sure. I really enjoy being on the bike, solo or with a group.


I took two bottles with Gatorade and water and two bars. Probably not enough food or drink. I was planning on hitting a 7/11 or something, but passed up am/pm at the 15 crossing by Lake Hodges and that was the last one that I saw. I didn't bonk on the way back, but probably couldn't have done too much more climbing with much energy. I passed quite a few solo and double riders today. I usually catch everyone on the hills. Great feeling.


Anyway, I have a busy week at work coming up. Hopefully, I will get a few rides in. Time change this week as well. That should be good for getting up early to go ride. Talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment