Devil's Slide

Devil's Slide

Friday, September 11, 2009

Taking a day off the bike. I did pick up my Trek from the bike shop. They had swapped over all of the Campagnolo Record parts off of my Cannondale (the Black Lightning came to quick demise a few weeks ago on a ride in Ramona). I'm planning on 80 miles tomorrow, so I will atleast take the Trek out this evening around the neighborhood to make sure everything is set up properly. I've been riding the Trek for a few weeks with Shimano Ultegra on it. What a difference the Campy makes. It was hard to pinpoint when I first got the Trek. But since the Campy is back on it, it feels so much more responsive on the cranks. I guess that old saying "You get what you pay for" is true in this case. I've always liked to have unique things, thus the Cannondale Black Lightning, #4 out of 300. When I got the Trek, I decided that I would buy the Madone 5.2 instead of the 6.9. Same frame as the 6.9 (159g heavier), just cheaper parts (Shimano Ultegra). Since I knew that I would be putting the Campy Record, I thought it would be a great chance to have something unique again. The only way to get a Trek Madone with Campy on it is to order it through Trek's Project One custom order program($10k +). So, it's all done and the bike looks great and rides great. I'll be riding it over to the group ride in the am, do the ride, then ride home. Should be around 85 miles or so. The Garmin 705 will keep track of my progress. I'll post up some pics of the bike and try to import a few of my rides from the Garmin.

No comments:

Post a Comment